Assignment 19 - Idea Napkin No. 2
- I am Jason and I am a senior graduating this May with a degree in Construction Management. My talents lie with my musical and problem-solving, and social capabilities. I play the guitar, piano and sing for my church worship team. I've been working full-time in the construction industry for 3+ years now and have a wide range of experiences in that time, from fieldwork on job sites to budget and people management within the office. My aspirations are to leave a lasting mark on my community by sharing the Gospel while also sharing love and joy to all those who I can reach, and to use my experiences and career as a vessel to connect with others. My concept would allow my connections with others to expand further than just my community within the local construction community, but be a catalyst to make these connections with many around the world that share in the same interests for construction and sustainability that I do.
- I am offering a product that compacts weeks of work that's required on the majority of projects currently into one location while also giving others abilities to connect with the right people within other organizations to collaborate on a vital part of the sustainability accreditation process.
- The demographics of my customers lie within the construction industry. This affects owners, architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and even manufacturers. The customer must have a need for sustainability on their projects. This is a very commonplace item in today's terms (i.e. the University of Florida requires all major projects and buildings to be LEED-certified). This is definitely more common on larger projects and less on smaller projects, such as small renovations and upgrades, which often do not meet the criteria to pursue LEED accreditation.
- People care about sustainability because, not only is it a requirement with many organizations, but it is the center of many ideologies and movements including climate change and ozone protection. It's also become a large part of modern innovation in construction which is progressively becoming a method to increase the life cycle of a building while lowering the life cycle cost. They care about the product, because accreditation is not an easy task. It requires documentation of EVERY single product used to construct the building, down to the screws in the plywood. Documentation of the specific information that LEED and other accreditations require researching and compiling data from hundreds of manufacturers used on each project. I have reason to believe my software would save costs in many other areas, but would most tangibly affect the time spent on this process.
- What sets me apart from others is a critical mind that sees the issue with this process and wants to figure out a way to make it easier for myself and others. I feel as though I have an idea that is not often thought of by the crowd that typically partake in its tasks.
I believe the elements of my business concept can very easily fit together. By creating a collaborative database/software that allows users (manufacturers, architects, engineers, etc.) to upload data from their products or their studies to help others. I would be able to use this app to connect with those users and not only fulfill their needs but create relationships throughout the entire industry.
Feedback Memo - I did not receive any feedback on my original Idea Napkin assignment, so there's not much to go off of. I realized that my statement about me were slightly more focused on my faith rather than my career aspirations, so I adjusted that. I also adjusted some verbiage within point 4 to not make the statement as long, but still drives home the same intent.
Comments
Post a Comment