Assignment 16 - What's Your Secret Sauce?
- Describe five ways in which you think you have Human Capital that is truly unique.
- I feel as though I have the willingness and drive to accomplish whatever I set my goals on. I work a 40-hour per week job while taking a full class load and am completing my Capstone project for my program, which has already taken well over 100 hours worth of work outside of class and my job.
- My unique charisma sets me apart. I am a goofy person, but I am also pretty analytical and wise in a sense for where I am in life. I feel as though my exterior facade of being goofy, relaxed, joyfulness, and strong sense of humor often gives people a surprise when they come to see how diligently I work, how smart I am, and how well I do my job.
- I think I am confident in who I am, but one thing that I have developed recently is to put aside my pride and arrogance at times while also staying true to myself and my faith.
- I have a knack for connecting with others by finding a medium ground in which we can relate. My foundation of faith has led me to create many relationships with others that I typically would not share a relationship or friendship with.
- I am truly passionate about what I set my mind towards. Whether it is school, work, sports, my faith, my fiance, my friends, or just learning about new things or going on new adventures, I develop a passion for what I am focused on at that moment, and create a particular intentionality that tethers me to whatever the person, event, item, hobby, etc. is.
- Interviews: Due to the hindrance in my ability to converse with people in person, I was forced to conduct these interview over the phone. I was not able to figure out a way to record their responses, but I thought I would still record their answers here for the blog.
- Cami Hall - Fiance (opinions are biased)
- You are passionate about the people you care about the most. When you're working towards something, you have a knack for making those people feel like you're truly investing in them, whether it's with your focus and intent or whether it's with your actions.
- Trevor Vaughan - Roommate
- You're probably one of the hardest working guys I know. You're out of the house before everyone else and the last one home at the end of every day, and you're usually focused on school work as soon as you're home. You're someone that I look up to because of your determination and overall knowledge.
- Josh Churchill - Roommate
- I feel comfortable when I'm around you. You'll listen to me whenever I have anything to say, but I don't feel judged by you like a lot of Christian guys may put off. I feel like you can level with me and with others.
- Will Plauche - Best Friend & Best Man for my Wedding
- I'm saving most of this mushy stuff for my toast, but I will say that you've always had a way for going after things that you desire. Whether it was leaving Mississippi to go to UF or going after Cami. I've always admired that vision of yours.
- Rafaella Leathers - my fiance's roommate
- You have an ability to grip those around you whenever you have a story to tell, but you're also just so loving and welcoming towards others. You've done an amazing job at never making me feel like I'm a third wheel when I'm around both of you, and you're very intentional towards others.
- Reflection on the Differences
- I am not one that typically likes to "fish" for compliments, so this definitely had me pretty uncomfortable. I think people really see me as a warm and inviting person more than I realized I was. These differences come from me viewing myself though a lens that sees my negatives as overwhelming to my positives. I like to think I am a rather positive person, but I do often have a more negative self-view. Going back to part 1, I feel like my own assessment of my personal capital lined up pretty well with the feedback I got from the interviews.
Hello Jason,
ReplyDeleteI found I had similar results when I performed my own interviews for this assignment in that most of my own descriptions lined up pretty well with the descriptions I received from my interviewees. I also have the same view on compliments that you have, most of the time it makes me a feel bit uneasy as I do not like to seek them out.
Hi Jason,
ReplyDeleteI really liked the characteristics you were able to highlight for human capital, backing them up with situational context or additional information. While I can agree that this prompt could be uncomfortable at times, I am glad that you were able to spin this towards the fact that the first two portions of this assignment lined up.